Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Good Summer Fruit Salad Recipe

No time to ramble, been super busy with taking the in-laws around. By the time this post goes up, we'd be in Scotland, taking in the highlands and whiskey and all that's Scottish, well except Haggis maybe.

I made this salad on a day I felt too lazy to fix up something for lunch and since my fruit basket was crying out to me I thought I'd whip up something fruity. I thought it wouldn't fill me, but strangely it did and I think I should make it a practise. There is no recipe as such, just throw in a bunch of fruits you like, do a simple dressing and if you like, add a chilli or so for some spice. Here is another fruit salad I made a while back

Use fruits that are in season and if they are fresh, then nothing like it. But mine was about 2 to 3 days old and was almost at the wilting stage when I decided to rescue them. It tasted great nonetheless. I love fruits but I'm kinda lazy to eat fruit, especially when it involved peeling and slicing and stuff.


  • Mango- 1 cup, peeled and diced
  • Watermelon- 1 cup, deseeded and diced
  • Orange- 1 half, peeled and cut into rounds
  • Apple- 1 half, cut into rounds
  • Grapes- 1/4 cup
  • Kiwi fruit- 1, diced
  • Ginger- 1 tsp, julienne
  • Green chilli- 1 small, roughly chopped
  • Caster sugar- to sprinkle
  • Lemon juice- 1 to 2 tsp
  • Coriander leaves/ mint- to garnish
Mix together the ginger, chilli, sugar and lemon juice. Gently squash the mix with your hands, enough to get the chilli and ginger flavours infused. Add a bit of salt if required.

Arrange the fruits in a platter (or in a bowl) and pour over the dressing.

Garnish with some mint or coriander leaves.

Gently mix before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment