Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Follow Food Stylists

Food bloggers wear a lot of hats. We have to be chefs, prep cooks, food stylists, photographers, photo editors, dish washers, and writers every time we post a something new. I’ve been wanting to do a post on food photography for a while; everyone who has ever emailed me about my photos: this is for you.
Most food bloggers don’t have their own studios, or professional lighting equipment, or access to food stylists.Here’s how you can make your own high-quality food photos at home no matter what equipment you have.

There is a lot that happens before and after I click the shutter that contributes to the final photo. I’m not a professional photographer, and I’m figuring things out along the way with a lot of trial and error.The only prior knowledge I have is some skills that I picked up in a high school photography class several years ago. A lot of the tips online about food photography are for commercial shoots, and therefore don’t contain much specific information for the home food blogger.
Workflows and techniques are very personal, so I’m sure other food bloggers out there achieve fabulous results doing things differently than I do.This is what works for me, and I hope you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment